The Northwest Louisiana Master Gardeners will hold their annual spring garden tour, Le Tour des Jardins on May 4 and 5.
This year’s garden tour will take you through five beautiful private gardens throughout Shreveport and Benton. Tour hours will be 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on May 4, and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on May 5.
Advance tickets are $10 and can be purchased at any Citizens National Bank, or by calling the Master Gardeners office at (318) 698-0010. Tickets may also be purchased at any garden on the days of the tour for $12.
Here is a glimpse of the gardens featured on the tour:
- Jim and Betty Deville, Benton. A spectacular view of the pool and lake greet you as you meander through gardens full of tea roses, magnolias, ginger, black elephant ears and much more.
- Jose and Anna Alba, Shreveport. This garden overlooking Cross Lake has a Moorish influence with formal paths of boxwood and a large number of container plants.
- Chris Ciocchetti and Jennifer Donner, Shreveport. A lovely cottage home on a corner lot, with eclectic, organic cottage gardens throughout.
- Janie Lipscomb, Shreveport. Elephant ears and other tropicals abound in this cottage garden surrounded by a unique, custom wrought iron fence.
- Jerry and Patti Harper, Shreveport. This 5.5 acre yard is filled with azaleas, camellias, and dozens of dogwoods. The fragrance of roses fills the air as you meander through the gardens adjacent to the pool and patio.
A Garden Bazaar will be held during the tour at the Pioneer Heritage Center at LSUS, and while there, enjoy a tour of the Heritage Center Gardens, a project of the Northwest Louisiana Master Gardeners. Admission to the Heritage Center is free.
Proceeds from the garden tour fund future Master Gardener projects and help promote the Master Gardeners’ mission to enhance the quality of knowledge for gardeners in the community.
For more information contact the Master Gardener office at (318)698-0010 or www.lsuagcenter.com/nwlamg.