The Bossier Arts Council is the proud home to Artist One Stop the only business resource center managed by an Arts Council in Louisiana. The center is here to help artists on their journey as entrepreneurs.
In that spirit, the BAC has announced the first set of classes to be offered this fall.
Each Saturday class will begin at 1 p.m. and last approximately two hours. They will focus on the basics of each program as well as explore the different uses for artists.
All classes will be taught at the Bossier Arts Council, 630 Barksdale Blvd., Bossier City. The classes are free to Bossier Arts Council members. lease call 741-8310 space is limited and we will go by first come first serve.
- Oct. 6: Introduction to Word for Artists — The basic functions of Word and writing an Artist Statement & Bio.
- Oct. 20: Introduction to Excel for Artists — The basic function of Excel and creating an inventory and mailing list.
- Oct. 27: Introduction to Power Point for Artists — The basic function of Power Point and an Artist Talk.
- Nov. 10: Intermediate Word for Artists — Advanced functions on Word and writing an Artist Resume.
- Nov. 17: Intermediate Excel for Artists — Advanced function on Excel and creating a budget for both personal use and grant applications.
Bossier Arts Council presents Frank Herbert in the Emerging Art Gallery
The Bossier Arts Council Emerging Artist Gallery is thrilled to announce an exhibition of artwork by regional artist Frank Herbert. His show will feature his acrylic paintings. His works will be on display throughout the month of October.
Herbert who received his Bachelors of Fine Arts from Louisiana Tech University and his Masters of Fine Arts from Colorado University currently teaches classes in American Sign Language at Longview High School. When asked about the upcoming exhibition he responded "The paintings in this show are the result of following those recurring visual impulses that come to me, often mixed from memories and daydreams. Some keep coming back until I make something with them - snakes in my mother's gardens, camp fires behind the levee, huge reptiles on Airline highway billboards, boats sharing the bayou with the alligators, fallen trees after the hurricanes, ferns growing out of brick walls, and an island of monkeys at the Audubon Zoo."
The Emerging Artist Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council and is committed to promoting art work of regional artists. It is located in BAC headquarters at 630 Barksdale Blvd. right off of I-20. You can visit the gallery Tuesday-Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. or by appointment.
For more information about Frank Herbert or the Bossier Arts Council feel free to call 741-8310 or www.bossierarts.org/.
The Emerging Artist Gallery is a project of the Bossier Arts Council and is committed to promoting art work of regional artists. The Bossier Arts Council is dedicated to promoting, supporting, and providing cultural events and programming in order to enhance the quality of life and to develop a cultural identity for Bossier Parish.
Stop Over Saturday
The Bossier Arts Council presents an opportunity to bridge the gap between artists and patrons with its' Stop Over Saturday series. It is important for the Bossier Arts Council to connect with the community, and what better way, than showcasing our amazing facility. All activities will take place at the Bossier Arts Council, 630 Barksdale Blvd.
- Saturday, Oct. 13: The Art of Improv — On Saturday, Oct. 13, there will be two classes featuring lessons in improvisational acting, The Art of Improv, for school age children, is from 11-12:30 p.m. and later from 2-3:30 p.m. is the adult class.
- Saturday, Nov. 3: Studio Spotlight — Next on Saturday, Nov. 3 will be artists in residence studio tours, Studio Spotlight, which will be a guided tour and an introduction to the artists. The tours are at 12, 2 and 4 p.m. and will offer an opportunity to see the process of making art, as well as, satisfying any curiosities about what it is like to be a professional artist.