Did you know that the world’s most popular tourist destination is France? Many of us, if put to the test, could readily list famous places and monuments of France ― Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees, Bordeaux, the chateau of the Loire Valley, and Versailles, are all just a few household names we are all familiar with. Wouldn’t it be great to see all of these, and much more, one day?
Well, that’s precisely what Irishman, Brian O’ Nuanain, is inviting you to do. He wants you to join him on the trip of a lifetime, to La Belle France.
“For years now, I’ve been taking people on trips of Ireland every summer,” he said O'Nuanain. “Recently, on one of those trips my American friends saw me conversing with French people who were travelling around Ireland. I explained that I had lived in France for years and was bilingual. In fact, I have three siblings who are married to French people. My American friends insisted I organize a trip to France, and voila, the tour, La Belle France – The Grape Escape, was born.”
The 11-day tour runs June 19-29. Along the way you’ll see the Mona Lisa at The Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame cathedral, the Chateaux of the Loire Valley, the vineyards of Bordeaux, the 10,000 year old pre-historic cave paintings of Lascaux and much, much more. Add in the worlds’ finest food and wine, glorious comfortable sunshine where average temperatures are in the low to mid seventies and you soon begin to realize why France is the most sought after tourist destination in the world.
To better prepare for the trip, Brian also offers optional classes on France to pave the way for your once in a lifetime experience. Classes start in late January at Bossier Parish Community College 678-6015 or LSU-Shreveport 797-5130.
So, all you culture vultures out there, now’s your chance to explore the land of: fine arts, gorgeous food and glorious wine, spectacular scenery and scores of United Nations Educational Scientific Cultural Organization World Heritage sites.
For further details on the tour contact Brian directly at 658-3738.
Bossier Arts Council offering One Stop Classes
The Bossier Arts Council is gearing up for 2013 with continuing its series of Artist One Stop classes from January-March.
- Grant Writing 101: (Saturday, Jan. 19 from 1-3 p.m.) We will teach how to identify grant opportunities, write grant proposals, & how to utilize them to advance your careers. In addition we will do a crash course on grammar & usage.
- Introduction to Photoshop: (Jan. 22-23 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.) We will teach the basics of using Photoshop software & how to utilize it for documenting your artwork.
- Introduction to Website: (Saturday, Feb. 16 from 1-3 p.m.) Don't be afraid! Having your own website is for you too! Every class participant will leave with their own domain name & webpage. It is required that each class participant have an artist statement, bio, resume, & images of the artwork to attend this class.
- Introduction to Prezi: (Saturday, Feb. 23 from 1-3 p.m.) Artist Talks will be a breeze with this new presentation tool. Learn about how to organize an artist talk as well as use the newest online software Prezi.
- Introduction to Publisher: (March 5 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.) This class will teach you how to use the PC program publisher to develop business cards, postcards, and other important promotional tools.
- How to use your fancy camera: (March 14 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.) Did you get a fancy camera for Christmas and have no idea how to use it?! No worries BAC is here to save the day! Learn all the basic functions of your camera, how to utilize settings, and most importantly not be afraid.
All classes are free with a Bossier Arts Council Membership $25. Memberships are good for 12 months from the date paid.